As we age, our bodies go through a natural aesthetic transformation and develop wrinkles, loose skin, and displaced fat. Due to societal expectations about women aging, many women feel self-conscious about these signs of aging. However, the truth is that aging is a natural process that can be assisted artfully and gracefully with skillful plastic surgery. Plastic surgery has the incredible potential to help women look naturally beautiful, vital, and confident at every age. Here are some of the ways in which plastic surgery can empower women to embrace their bodies through positive aging.
One of the most noticeable areas where aging occurs is the face. Age-related changes to facial skin quality and structure can cause women to look older than they feel. Various cosmetic facial procedures can provide tasteful facial rejuvenation to project a beautiful, natural-looking reflection of who you are inside.
- Facelift: Facelift surgery can correct loose jowls, lower face wrinkles, and sagging skin and fat to help women look as much as 10 years younger.
- FaceTite™: This minimally invasive procedure is a great choice for those who are not willing or ready to undergo facelift surgery. FaceTite™ melts away localized fat and tightens loose skin to reveal a more youthful appearance.
- Eyelid Surgery: Sagging upper and/or lower eyelids can make women look years (sometimes even decades) older than they are. An eyelid lift brightens and opens up the eyes to give you a more positive and alluring look.
All of us will eventually develop fine lines, wrinkles, and loose skin. Fortunately, there are procedures and treatments that can help your skin age gracefully and artfully. Skin care for the face and body can help you maintain your best look whether you are 25, 45, or 65 years old.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic injections can correct a grumpy “old” appearance by halting wrinkles around the eyes, brow, and forehead. Maintenance treatments every 4 to 6 months can help women maintain smoother skin for years.
- Dermal Fillers: Fillers address areas of volume loss and can eliminate a gaunt, aged look. Different fillers can correct sunken cheeks, volumize thinning lips, smooth deep creases, and even treat shadows beneath the eyes.
- Venus Viva™: This simple, non-invasive skin renewal treatment can eliminate impurities and irregularities and restore beautifully smooth, ageless skin.
As we age, our bodies change, and it can be challenging to maintain the body shape we desire. Body contouring procedures can help reshape your figure and boost your confidence, allowing you to feel positive about your appearance at any age.
- Liposuction: Liposuction removes stubborn fat deposits from areas such as the abdomen, hips, and thighs, sculpting a more contoured, youthful body shape.
- Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen while tightening weakened muscles to create a more toned, youthful-looking midsection.
- Mommy Makeover: A full body makeover, this combines several procedures to correct common side effects of pregnancy such as sagging, deflated breasts, stubborn fat, and excess abdominal skin. A mommy makeover can help mothers recapture the youthful contours of their 20s!
- BodyTite™: Like FaceTite™, BodyTite™ melts away localized fat and tightens loose skin for those who are not interested in surgery.
- Arm Lift: An arm lift, or brachioplasty, tightens sagging upper arm skin for women whose bare arms betray their passing years.
As a major symbol of femininity, a woman’s breasts are a critical part of her identity. The right plastic surgery techniques can help correct aging problems and build a strong, positive female identity.
- Breast Augmentation: If your breasts have become deflated or lost volume due to age, hormones, and/or motherhood, breast augmentation can give your breasts a fuller, more youthful shape.
- Breast Lift: Sagging breasts due to aging can be restored to their perky, youthful position with breast lift surgery.
- Breast Reduction: Oversized breasts that prematurely sag and suggest a “matronly appearance” can be correct with breast reduction, which shifts the balance and focus to your womanly figure as a whole.
In conclusion, plastic surgery can play a major role in promoting positive aging for women. Each of these treatments can enhance a woman’s natural beauty and increase her self-confidence. This incredible industry can empower women with skillful artistry that enhances their appearances without sacrificing authenticity or individuality. With the right plastic surgery techniques, women can age gracefully and feel positively about their appearance at every stage of life.
Dr. Joyce Aycock believes strongly in empowering women to embrace their bodies and approach aging with positivity and grace. To learn more about your options, schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Aycock. Call (720) 634-7400 or contact us online to book your appointment today.