If you’re ready to restore your pre-pregnancy body, don’t let indecision hold you back. Should you get individual procedures or spring for the full Mommy Makeover? Here are the pros and cons of either choice. With this information, we hope you’ll be able to determine which option is best for your needs.
The Mommy Makeover
A Mommy Makeover is a comprehensive surgical procedure that combines multiple treatments to address the common aesthetic concerns experienced by women after childbirth. Most of the time, a Mommy Makeover includes a combination of breast enhancement (augmentation or lift) and abdominal contouring (tummy tuck) along with liposuction to remove excess fat deposits.
Pros of a Mommy Makeover
- Complete Transformation: By getting multiple procedures done at once, you can experience a complete transformation of your full figure, with comprehensive results.
- Efficient Recovery: Instead of undergoing separate surgeries with individual recovery periods, you will have one consolidated recovery time. This will reduce your overall downtime.
- Cost-effective: Opting for a Mommy Makeover is usually more cost-effective compared to undergoing individual procedures separately.
Cons of a Mommy Makeover
- Longer and More Challenging Surgical Experience: Since a Mommy Makeover involves multiple procedures, the surgery itself can be longer compared to individual procedures. It can also have a longer recovery than you’d experience after an individual procedure.
- Financing: While a Mommy Makeover is more cost-effective than individual procedures, it will cost more money all at once. This could pose a challenge for budgeting purposes.
Individual procedures such as breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction offer targeted solutions for specific areas of concern. These procedures can be performed separately to address individual needs as they arise.
Pros of Individual Procedures
- Specific Concerns: If you have a particular area of concern, such as sagging breasts or excess abdominal skin, an individual procedure may be more suitable to address that specific issue. There is no reason to get a Mommy Makeover if you would only like to improve one area of your body.
- Shorter/Easier Surgical Experience: Getting surgery on just one area of the body will mean that both the procedure and the recovery are typically shorter than with a Mommy Makeover.
- Prioritize: With individual procedures, you can prioritize the area of your body that you’d like to change the most. This can be very helpful if you are concerned about finances and/or the recovery time associated with a Mommy Makeover.
Cons of Individual Procedures
- Slower Transformation: Rather than being able to enjoy your results all at once, you will see them a little at a time. The final result will come much later than it could with a Mommy Makeover.
- More Expensive Overall: For individuals who get all the individual procedures they could have had in a Mommy Makeover, the total out-of-pocket expense is higher.
- Multiple Surgeries and Recoveries: With individual procedures, you will have to endure multiple surgery dates and multiple recovery periods.
When to Consider Individual Procedures Instead of a Mommy Makeover
For most candidates who want to improve multiple areas of their body, a Mommy Makeover is the best choice. But for some people, it is better to get individual procedures. This may be the case for you if you have previously already undergone one of the surgeries you would get in a Mommy Makeover, or if budget constraints preclude you from affording a Mommy Makeover. It may also be better to consider individual procedures if you are concerned about the possibility of a longer and more challenging surgical recovery.
Whether you choose a Mommy Makeover or individual procedures, our goal is to help you regain your confidence and achieve the body you desire. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Aycock to start your transformation today. Call (720) 634-7400 or fill out our online contact form to book your appointment.